601 Jefferson Boulevard Warwick, RI 02886


Fingerprinting FAQ

Fingerprinting FAQ

Here are some of the frequently asked questions concerning the fingerprinting process.  If you have a question please contact TRP Associates at 877-885-1511

What is U.S. Departmental Order 556-73 and 28 CFR Part 16?

Where can I get my fingerprints taken?

Click HERE to find our nearest LiveScan location. If you can’t locate a LiveScan location please click HERE to find the closest law enforcement agency.

Will the personal information I provide be protected?

Yes, as provider background screening  information, we are committed to, and experienced in, the highest level of security. We follow a strict security protocol that allows us to maintain access to FBI information, as well as other sensitive information. You can rest assured that we will handle your request with your security in the highest regard.

How long will it take to get my report?

TRP Associates can provide same day service as we are authorized to send an encrypted email to you with your record.

If you are unable to receive an email your record will be sent via US Mail and you will receive it in 5-7 business days or as directed by your request.

Can you send my FBI Criminal Report to an address outside of the United States?

No. The FBI prohibits channelers disseminating your information outside of the United States.

Can my FBI Criminal Report results be sent to another individual?

You may have your FBI Report mailed to a designated attorney.

How can I submit a request from my attorney?

When requesting an FBI Report for use by your attorney, you must provide a written request on your attorney’s letterhead. The written request must include your signature as well as your attorney’s signature, and it must indicate that the FBI Report information results are to be released to your attorney.

Click HERE to download the attorney release form.

How can I update or dispute my FBI record?

The data contained in the FBI Reports is compiled from information provided by federal, state, and local agencies. The correction of these records must be handled by the contributing agency. You must contact the appropriate agency in the state of the arrest record to request further information, correction, or updating. The FBI does not have the authority to modify any criminal history information.

How to Challenge Information Reported by the FBI?

You may challenge your criminal history information if you have proof or supporting documentation as to the discrepancy in question. A written record challenge request must be sent, along with your supporting documentation, to the following address:

FBI CJIS Division
Attn: Correspondence Group
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306